1. Key Responsibilities
- Help facilitate the implementation of the Middle East Regional Response Strategy, assisting Partners in working within our advisory guidelines and assisting in their capacity development. Reviewing and implementing Tearfund’s engagement through Partners across the region, this may include leading exit processes and establishing new partner relationships in line with our regional strategy.
PROJECT / SUPPORT FUNCTION MANAGEMENT
- Monitor emerging socio-economic and political developments affecting partner humanitarian interventions.
- Review and critically engage with proposals received from Tearfund partners and provide appropriate feedback. Ensuring that proposals are in line with the strategy of the region and Tearfund.
- Monitor implementation of approved projects, assisting Partners with project cycle management advice where necessary.
- Identifying key learning opportunities for Partners and advising on possible peer to peer/ shared training opportunities. Where appropriate facilitate and/ or deliver bespoke project training to Partners.
- Where appropriate, manage donor proposals, ensuring compliance with timeframes and reporting expectations and acting as key liaison between the implementing partner(s) and the donors.
- Development of emergency response proposals together with partners; as well as monitoring compliance with the donor requirements. Ensuring timely dissemination of information to key stakeholders.
- Capacity building and guidance to partners (particularly in writing proposals and end to end project cycle management, including report writing, monitoring impact and conducting evaluations).
- Responding to requests made to the Regional Office, including requests for information from Tearfund in Teddington (such as beneficiary feedback, project updates, and regional contextual changes).
- Accompany the MRMP on regional visits to partners when required.
- To assist in effective communication with Tearfund partners in the Middle East, in order to contribute to the achievement of shared goals and to build mutually-beneficial local relationships.
- Responsible for the effective management of data including relevant input into the computer project system (IBIS) and effective storage of relevant written information on Google-drive.
- Review and translate materials produced by Tearfund and specific documents as assigned by the MRMP.
- Coordination with relevant local administration bodies for timely support as necessary.
- Ad hoc support tasks as requested by the MRMP.
CORPORATE POLICY AND COMPLIANCE
- Contribute towards promoting and adhering to Tearfund’s Purpose, Basis of Faith, Core Values and Operating Principles.
- Provide support and guidance to team members to ensure all activities are compliant with standard operating procedures.
- Contribute towards compliance with all host country legal, contractual and statutory requirements as delegated by the Line Manager.
- Listen to team members and support relationship development and a strong, positive environment.
- Lead and encourage effective team working and providing technical supervision, guidance and monitoring.
- Establish good working relationships with employees of other agencies and governmental offices as appropriate.
- Attend relevant inter-agency coordination meetings (including relevant UN Cluster meetings as required).
1. Position in Organisation
Serves as a project liaison between Tearfund and Middle East Partners, supporting the MRMP as required.
Provides direct support and capacity building to Tearfund partners in the Middle East focusing on grant and
proposal writing development, project cycle management, reporting and monitoring and evaluation.
Responds to internal and external program-related inquires as part of the regional office in Jordan.
2. Organisational Requirements
The post-holder will, at all times, carry out their responsibilities with the utmost respect for the protection of
children in accordance with Tearfund’s Child Protection Policy
The post-holder will be expected to behave in accordance with Tearfund’s ‘Code of Conduct’ as referred to in
the Personal Conduct Policy.
Generic purpose of the Middle East Project Officer:
- To take responsibility for a designated area of the team’s overall tasks or specific projects
- To share in responsibility for the overall team tasks and be responsible for carrying out work packages
- To liaise with internal colleagues and external contacts
- To take responsibility for own personal development
- Responsible for carrying out the role in line with Tearfund’s Safeguarding Policy and Procedures Participation in the spiritual life of Tearfund:
- To participate in or lead spiritual sessions of prayer, worship and biblical reflection within the Team.
- To be committed to Tearfund’s Missions, Values and Beliefs statement.
- To be committed to actively working and living in accordance with Tearfund’s Christian beliefs.
- Responsible for maintaining your own spiritual development.
JOB TITLE: Middle East Project Officer
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of development organizations in the country and region
- Knowledge of NGO work
- Experience working with Compliance Policies and Procedures
- Understanding/ experience of Project Cycle Management
- Extensive knowledge and experience in project management, especially using logical frameworks.
- Previous experience working with development and/or Christian organizations.
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Skills in planning, project evaluation and diagnosis.
- English proficiency
- Arabic proficiency
- Ability to prioritize
- Organization and planning skills
- Results orientation
- Analytical and logical thinking
- Communication skills (Influence)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Good listening skills
- Ability to manage work load under pressure.
- Experience with database systems and data input skills.
- Ability to express complex issues in a concise, accurate and diplomatic manner.
- Capacity development experience.
- Christian Commitment including involvement in Church
- Good understanding of Christian beliefs and development issues
Working Location: Based in Amman, Jordan (with possible travel within the region)
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration of commitment: 12 months initially (contingent on funding and performance)
References will be checked before offering this position to the successful candidate
The successful candidate must be legally allowed to work in Jordan